Scope, privacy and data protection
- Maun Refuge is a small charity consisting of Trustees, staff, Volunteers and Supporters; and our ‘clients’ currently are Refugees living in Mansfield under the Syrian Vulnerable Persons Resettlement Scheme.
- We collect personal information about people from their first and subsequent contacts and from trustworthy sources such as Mansfield District Council.
- We only collect and keep this information with the consent of the people concerned, and we store it securely, according to recommended criteria and sound IT practices. We will never sell or share this personal information with other organisations without explicit personal consent.
- We use the information for purposes relating to Maun Refuge activities, governance, development and practice and procedures. Occasionally the information will be used to communicate other information we think may be of interest or if it is required for a good reason, such as legally.
- If you are a Volunteer you will receive and participate in communications that support the refugees and their activities and daily lives in Mansfield. ‘Special Category’ data - as defined by the GDPR - however is sensitive so will not be communicated via Whatsapp, email or other written or electronic means. This category includes for example, information about an individual’s race, ethnic origin, politics, religion, trade union membership, genetics, biometrics, health, sex life or sexual orientation.
- If you are a Trustee or a member of staff, in addition to news and information about our activities you will also receive notifications of meetings and other governance-related matters.
- If you are a Refugee the normal probability is that communications will be face to face or by Whatsapp message, via Whatsapp group, with translation where necessary.
- If you are a Supporter, access will be restricted to public information and communications about matters where your support could be beneficial to Maun Refuge.
- Everyone has the right at any time to stop Maun Refuge from contacting you. You also have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you, and you have the right to request that we correct or change any information that you think is inaccurate.
- To see any or all of your personal information, update it, correct it or delete any of it, contact the Secretary or Chair.
- To remove yourself from our contact list contact the Project Manager.
General Data Protection Regulations
As a small organisation we have not appointed a designated Data Protection Officer, but our chair and secretary are responsible for data security and privacy and you can contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns about how we use information you provide. You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office if we do not resolve your concerns.
Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy policies of other sites and we would advise you to read the privacy statement of any website that collects personal information from you.